To know the DOCTRINES and TRUTH of the Word of God is the only way to know God
God gave us His written Word so that through it’s study He might reveal Himself to us. It is through that study that we can learn of His grace, His mercy, His love, His justice, His righteousness, and at the center of it all…His sacrifice of Jesus on the cross to pay for our sins and give us the opportunity of eternal life. The purpose of His Word is to lead us down His path to Him.
- Love – Love is the greatest commandment. Loving God and others as Christ did proves we are followers of Him, proves our devotion to God, and proves out the authority and God called nature of His New Testament churches. (Matthew 22:35-40; John 13:34-35; John 15:12; 1 John 4:7-21; 1 John 5:1-3; Revelation 2:4-5)
- The Bible – We believe that the Bible is the only true Word of God and it was inspired and written by God through man. We believe it is infallible and is all that is needed for belief in God, faith in Jesus Christ, the preaching and teaching of the Gospel, and for the living of a true Christian life. (Psalm 119:160; 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- God – We believe in the Trinity, that God is three in one; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are both separate and the same, all equal in divinity and power but all different in responsibility and expression, a concept that is taught in scripture though our limited understanding makes it a difficult concept to understand. (Matthew 28:19)
- Creation – We believe in the Genesis account of Creation. Whether we understand all the details or not, we believe it happened as God described. (Genesis 1-2)
- Satan – We believe that Satan is a fallen angel, unholy, the god of this world system, and his final destiny will be an eternity in the lake of fire. (Isaiah 14:12-15; Ezekiel 28:11-19; Matthew 25:41; 2 Corinthians 4:4; Ephesians 6:10-17; Revelation 20:10)
- Virgin Birth – We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ. This means that Jesus was God in flesh and lived a sinless human life to be that perfect sacrifice for sin. (Matthew 1:18-20; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Peter 2:22)
- Deity of Christ – We believe that Jesus Christ truly was God as He was the Son of God, the only begotten son, and God the Son of the Trinity. (John 10:30; John 1:1, 14; 2 Corinthians 5:19)
- Holy Spirit – We believe that the Holy Spirit, the third part of the Trinity/God, is the divine guide and administrator for Christ to His churches and people. (Luke 24:49; John 14:16-17; Acts 1:4-5, 8; Acts 2:1-4)
- Spiritual Gifts – We believe that the miraculous personal spiritual gifts were done away with as the last portion of the Bible, God’s completed infallible Word, was finished. Now abides Faith, Hope, and Love. (1 Corinthians 12-14)
- Mankind – We believe that mankind was created in the image of God and lived in sinlessness until we lost it by voluntarily breaking God’s law. The result is that from Adam and Eve onward, all of mankind are sinners. (Genesis 1:26; Genesis 3:6-24; Romans 5:12,19)
- Christ’s Death – We believe that Christ’s suffering and voluntary death on the cross paid the sin debt for all mankind but is only effective to those who choose to believe on Him and His shed blood on that cross once and for all. (Isaiah 53:6; Hebrews 2:9; 1 Peter 2:24; 1 Peter 3:18; 2 Peter 3:9; 1 John 2:2)
- Christ’s Resurrection – We believe that Christ physically resurrected and ascended into Heaven, enabling the future physical resurrection and ascension of all those that belief on Him. (Matthew 28:1-7; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Corinthians 15:42-58; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
- Christ’s Return – We believe that one day Christ will physically return which will start the millennial kingdom of Christ. The millennial kingdom will be followed by God’s final judgment where those that deny Christ will be cast into the eternal Lake of Fire while those that accepted Christ as their savior will be ushered into eternal paradise on a new Heaven and new earth, completely cleansed of sin. (John 14:1-6; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 2 Thessalonians 2:8; Revelation 19; Revelation 20:4-6; Revelation 20:11-15; Revelation 21:8)
- Salvation – We believe that all sinners, through the conviction (showing and convincing) of their sin by the Holy Spirit, can be wholly saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ and His death on the cross as atonement for sin. This salvation requires a person’s faith in God and Christ, repentance to God for their sins, and expressed desire to be saved by God. Through this we are spiritually washed and made alive in God. (Luke 13:3-5; John 3:6; John 3:16-18; John 16:8,9; Acts 20:21; Romans 6:23; Romans 8:9-11; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Ephesians 2:8,9; Titus 3:5)
- Security of the Believer – We believe that all those that repent and believe on Christ’s sacrifice on the cross receive God’s gift of Salvation and are therefore forever sealed and indwelled by the Holy Spirit. They are eternally secured by God and His power and will never die (spiritually) and will never experience Hell or the Lake of Fire. (John 3:36; John 5:24; John 10:27-30; Romans 8:35-39; Ephesians 1:13-14; Ephesians 4:30; Hebrews 10:39; 1 Peter 1:5)
- God’s Children – We believe that through Salvation we are adopted into God’s family and become His children, heirs and joint-heirs with Christ. This means that God deals with His believers as sons and daughters by punishing those that are disobedient to His will and rewarding those that are obedient. (Matthew 16:27; Matthew 25:14-23; John 1:12; Hebrews 12:5-11; 2 John 8; Revelation 22:12)
- Church – We believe that Jesus established His church during His ministry on earth and that a church is always a local, visible assembly of correctly baptized believers that have come together as a unified group pledging to carry out the Great Commission of our Lord Jesus Christ. Each church is independent and self-governing and no other religious body may exercise authority over it. We believe that Jesus Christ gave the Great Commission to His New Testament churches only, and that He promised the perpetuity of His churches until He comes again. (Matthew 4:18-22; Matthew 16:18; Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 1:14-20; John 1:35-51; Ephesians 3:21)
- Ordinances – We believe that there are two ordinances given by God to His churches: Baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Baptism literally translates to “dip, immerse, or submerge” which means that Baptism done Biblically must be by the complete immersion of a believer (one who has already repented and received Salvation) in water by the authority of one of God’s Churches. The Lord’s Supper is a memorial ordinance to remember the death and sacrifice of Christ on the cross and is restricted to members of the specific church participating in the ordinance. (Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 8:12, 38; Romans 6:4; 1 Corinthians 5:11-13; 1 Corinthians 11:1-2, 17-20, 26)
- Church Offices – We believe that there are only two offices in a church that are Biblically appointed by God: pastors and deacons. These two positions are to be filled by men whose qualifications are set forth in Titus and 1 Timothy.
- Associations – We believe that all associations, fellowships, and committees are and always should be under the control and authorities of the churches. (Matthew 20:25-28)
- Freedom of Worship – We believe in freedom of worship without interference from any government and affirm our belief in, as well as God’s desire for, our civil obedience…unless the laws and regulations of government run contrary to the Holy Scriptures. (Romans 13:1-7; 1 Peter 2:13-15)
- Marriage – According to Scripture, we believe that God’s desire and plan for marriage is the union of one man and one woman. (Genesis 2:21-24; Matthew 19:4-6; Mark 10:6-9; 1 Corinthians 7:2-4; Ephesians 5:22-31)
- Gender Identity – We believe that each individual is designed and created by God and each person is given their gender by God. We believe that it is not up to us to reassign or change our gender and attempting to do so is going against God’s design. (Genesis 1:27; 5:2; Matthew 19:4 and Mark 10:6; Job 40:8; Jeremiah 13:23)
It is NOT our goal to offend or hurt anyone. We do not hold to these beliefs because we want to use them to cause others mental, emotional, or spiritual distress. We hold to these beliefs because we believe that these doctrines are what God TEACHES through His Word and that it is our responsibility to put HIS WILL above ours, HIS DESIRES above ours, and HIS SERVICE above even our own life, no matter our personal thoughts/opinions/feelings.
We affiliate with the American Baptist Association and our doctrinal statement aligns with those of the ABA. For more information about the ABA, please follow the link below.